Sunday, July 1, 2018

Day Five


Do you know that wives tale where you can put a frog in cold water and slowly raise the temperature and he will never jump, just quietly die? Two fold here - first, there was a brief moment this afternoon when I wondered if we were being cooked. But secondly, as I sit here on the front porch, the sun setting with a passionate tangerine and lavender tryst spilling across the sky, having turned off the air in the house and opened the windows to let the smell of summer waft through the rooms again...I'm rather comfortable. The breeze is marvelous but the weather page says it's still 93*.

Hence, I'm left wondering if I'm a frog.

Today wasn't an easy day. The best laid plans and mother nature plus the two percent and things went a bit sideways. They do. It was resolved. But my watch e-mailed me that my 'resting heartrate' rose over 11 points this weekend. Amazing how in the midst of the thing, it can unravel you despite 45 years of it 'working out.' You'd think I'd be better at this by now; not take it so personally. Damn watch.

I worked on 3 Words today. This is a creative endeavor thought up by a mad genius who brought a bunch of clever people together for unexpected fun. We each contributed a list of 'people, places, & things' and every two months three words (one of each) is pulled out of a jar and we are left with 60 days to do something creative. There have been songs posted to youtube, masterpiece paintings and works of 3D awesomeness; poetry, short stories, recipes, letters, a graphic novella, and a brief script. I am truly honored to be part of such a thing - and today spent a while trying to get my characters gracefully out of the cursed basement while the Tree of Life's dead roots thrashed under the Chinese restaurant next door. (it does make sense, you'd just have to read the last three submissions....)

Moral of the story? Create. Every day. Tomorrow, when you get up - ask yourself, what can YOU change or do or make or sing or cook or dance to make the day different than the one before. Do you live next door to a Chinese restaurant?


No comments:

Post a Comment