Sunday, July 15, 2018

Nineteen...and Counting


The afternoon rains have bathed the fever from the day leaving cool fingers to run across my cheeks as I type. Bird chitter salutations echo through the trees behind our house and I watch the first of the fireflies venture out to seek company. The quiet is nearly a liquid thing. I am anxious tonight, eager. Tomorrow is day twenty and the evening after that I will shower and run the soap through my hair with both hands. How can something so simple make me so happy? I have staked Wednesday out, turned down requests, explained to the boys: I. Will. Paint.

Trust me, I've been reminded to go slowly, rest often, take intervals. I will...I swear. I promise. (who am I talking to? you? me?) Today I made jambalaya with wonky sausage (left handed knife skills are not a thing for me), watched a movie with my husband, and will fall asleep likely thinking of Wednesday - canvases, music, and paint.

Here's to excellent distractions - may the hours fade quickly and your dreams be as thick and savory as mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment