Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Day Seven


Have you ever had a day in which you really had this vague feeling that you were not supposed to have gotten out of bed? This day included several hours at the DMV and a 19 minute traffic standstill in 93* heat in a vehicle that doesn't have air conditioning. (the vast amount of time, this doesn't bother me in the least....today I wanted to pull my hair out) My arm itches and aches like hell. Damn difficult day.

Thankfully the world includes friends and good liquor and laughter. Thankfully the sun sets. I watched odd fireworks from the porch and drank whiskey with my dog.

Tomorrow (it's after midnight, so - today?) is the day we celebrate the fact we have a DMV and road crews and whiskey - which is spectacular.

Happy 4th my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment