Thursday, June 28, 2018

Day Two


Last night ended later than anticipated - but such a good night. This book club was hosted by a woman who made several recipes from my book; had a centerpiece composed of spray paint, whisky & Splenda, and paintbrushes; and had placed quotes from the book throughout the house. She was so lovely and her group of friends wonderfully gracious and welcoming. There was one particular moment, however, when my heart leapt into my throat. It was during a conversation when one of the women said that when she was reading my words, she felt her own emotions and feelings validated. There was a pause and another woman said, "I actually feel like many of my feelings and emotions didn't have words - I didn't have the words to express them...you gave me the words I needed."

There have been many times I have questioned why I write. Why I have this well of passion - both light and dark - that lives vehemently within me and spills over no matter how hard I try to impede the tide. I lay awake long into the early hours of this morning, replaying those words over and over in my mind. Have you ever had that flash of realization, recognition, as if your soul suddenly took a breath and relaxed, whispering, "This is why...."





No comments:

Post a Comment